Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dentist Visit

I took Jackson to the dentist for the first time this morning. Before I share what the dentist told me let me just say "WOW" to the dentist office. I would have loved going to the dentist if I went to this one as a child! I know some of you have already been there, but for those of you that haven't-the office is in the Sunrise Medical Campus on South Hill and is nothing I could have ever imagined. There was a carousel, 2 arcade games, a castle with a slide and a train table in the waiting room! Jackson knew he was there to see the dentist the "tooth doctor" as we told him, but had no idea there would be so many fun things to do.

Jackson marched right into the room with the dentist when he called his name. The dentist started some small talk with Jackson. He was so comfortable with him he was answering his questions and giving him additional information. (he had a baseball birthday party etc. -you know, the important stuff) I sat him on the chair, he laid down when we asked him to, let the dentist put sunglasses on him so he could turn on his light and opened his mouth. I really hope our next visit will be this smooth.



So, back to Jackson's tooth. The dentist said there is slight movement with it and it can take weeks for a tooth to heal and it can also take weeks for a tooth to die. Pretty much I don't know much more! The dentist told me what to look for in Jackson's gum above the tooth if the tooth were dying, so I guess that's all I can do for now. He wants to see him Mid-June to take an X-ray and see which path the tooth took. (Hopefully the healing path) He also wants to pay close attention to what impact, if any, the fall had on his permanent tooth. (Yikes!)

After his visit, Jackson was given a token to put in a machine for a toy. He picked the one that had bugs. He got a beetle. He was so excited. The two ladies working in the office were talking to him about it. Jackson then began to tell them that there was a
beetle in his bed. I had to explain the story. He then added he eats bugs and I said no you don't. He corrected me and said, sugar bugs. Apparently what I say, IS sinking in. Before we went to the dentist, I told him the tooth doctor was going to look for the sugar bugs in his mouth!

3 comments:

Nasinec Family said...

Sounds like good news then, I hope????
Cool dentist! Did he say an age to start taking the kids?

Unknown said...

No shocker here, I loved this story! Good boy Jackson, he can come see me when he graduates from the dentist with the carousel :)

Rachel, Jamin, Kara, Jace and Bryce said...

If it makes you feel any better the Earle's oldest boy did the same thing and Brandie & Austin's older girl, too. So it must be a first child syndrome...defintely not mine, but others:-) I am going to have the problem with the two boys:-)