Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Ellee








Happy Birthday my Sweet Baby Girl!


One year ago today Ellee, I had you. It is hard for me to believe that it has been a year already.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you. It was September 2007. Jackson and I were at home and Daddy was at work. I decided to take Jackson to Daddy's work in Auburn and have him tell Daddy he was about to have a little brother or sister somehow. Jackson wasn't really talking yet he was only 17 months old. I dressed Jackson in a T-shirt Daddy wore when he was a little boy that said, "I'm the little brother." I taped paper with the word "big" on it over the word little, so it said I'm the big brother. Jackson and I really surprised Daddy. Jackson ran up to Daddy and he read the shirt and tears came to his eyes. We were so excited!





I'll never forget the day we found out you were a girl. We actually had our ultrasound about two weeks or so before Christmas, but asked the ultrasonographer to write if you were a boy or a girl in a card we brought. He did and sealed the envelope. We set it on the tree and decided to wait for Christmas morning to open the best present ever. It was absolutely the longest couple of weeks in my life! I was so excited to find out though. Daddy said I could open it and I had to read it over and over again to make sure I was reading what the ultrasonographer had really written-that he was 98% sure it was a girl! I had a really good cry~Thank You!





The day I went into labor with you Daddy, Jackson and I were up at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Kirkland for dinner. It was April 29th and I didn't even think I was close to having you, as your delivery date was May 12. Apparently I was wrong. As we drove home that night I began to have contractions, they were very sparatic though, not at all what I experienced with your brother. I still didn't believe this could be it. I was 2 weeks early. It was a Sunday night and I even went to bed and watched some TV, as I thought it still were not true. Daddy fell asleep as I began timing the contractions, I finally woke him and said I think this is it, but still wasn't sure. I called the hospital three times and finally just decided to go. Actually I think Daddy decided.





It was about 1:30 in the morning and Daddy called everyone to tell them we were going to the hospital to have our baby girl. Papa came to be with Jackson and many others came to the hospital to wait for you. Nana was there, Grandma and Grandpa McGowan, Auntie Naomi, Tina, Erin and Heidi and Auntie Lois. Mommy's friends Lindsey and Rebecca were also there to meet you. You finally graced us with your presence at 6:59 am, April 30, 2007. We knew your name, but decided not to tell anyone else until you were born. Jackson knew, but for some reason no one thought to ask him.





You have a very special name. I didn't know it was yours until the beginning of March that year. You were named after my Nannie. Leila Lenora. Her family and close friends called her Lee, that is why your name is spelled the way it is.





I cried tears of joy when you were born and when I shared your name with everyone in the room, Ellee Lenora. You were and are a special gift to us! I remember thinking when I held you for the first time how blessed and lucky I was to have you.





You are a really sweet and good baby! It takes me doing something really silly to get you to smile, but when you do it melts my heart. I really think you are taking time to take it all in and concentrate on what's around you. You laugh the hardest at silly things your brother does. You love to watch him. You also love to throw all of your toys and blankets out of your crib. I often come in your room and find them everywhere. Another thing you like to do is take your socks off, whether in your crib (you like to throw those out onto the floor as well) or in the car. For some reason you don't like to wear socks.





I am so lucky that God chose you to be my daughter! I love you so much and want nothing but the absolute best for you now and always!
You are amazing!


Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl!


Love,


Mommy









I Love You!

3 comments:

LDraper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LDraper said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl.... I remember very clearly the moment you were born! There wasn't a dry eye in the room.

Remember when we used to make each other laugh in church?? You used to give me the silliest smiles in the middle of the sermon or communion... Apparently I caused some trouble because then you got sent to the nursery. Sorry 'bout that. :)

We love you so much and are proud to be a part of your life.

We love your brother and parents too!

Sean, Lindsey, Reagan and Ian

Nasinec Family said...

Happy Birthday Ellee! Today was an important day for you. (And your mommy) We wish you the very best in life and hope that everyday for you will be as sweet and exciting as today!

Love, The Nasinec Family