Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson!

I can't believe my first baby is three today! Since I just started blogging recently I thought I would write to Jackson what happened the day he was born (What I can remember 3 years later, which is better than 18 years later)


Jackson, your Dad and I were so excited to find out we were going to have a baby-YOU! We had been waiting for you for a long time. A few months later we were even more excited to find out that you were a boy! You were going to be the first Grandson on the Pedersen and McGowan side of the family.


I loved the anticipation of waiting to meet you! The doctor told me that your due date was April 5th. A day early was really impressive! The day I went into labor with you, your Dad and I were at Uncle Ryan and Aunt Tina's house in Sumner playing poker. (April 3rd) My contractions were immediately 5 minutes apart and according to the birthing class we took we needed to be at the hospital. Your Daddy drove me home to get my bags and then took me to Good Samaritan Hospital. On the way, Dad decided to call everyone to tell them we were about to have you. Everyone came to wait the arrival of special you! Daddy was there, Nana and Papa Pedersen, Grandma and Papa McGowan, Aunties, Naomi, Tina, Erin and Heidi, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Lois, Mom's friends Rebecca and Lindsey and even Cousin Sophia!


Having you was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. You were an absolute perfect little baby boy and an absolute perfect little boy. I remember holding you for the first time and your little hand wrapped around my pointer finger. It was then that I realized I had an entire lifetime of love in me for you! The next day we realized you had a cute little dimple on your right cheek, like your Daddy's. Little did we know that 3 years later you would be using it to charm those around you. Boy are we in trouble! You were a really, really good baby. You were sleeping through the night at 2 months old-Thank You! You loved to eat anything and everything and you laughed and smiled all the time! Jackson, I mean it when I say, you were a really, really good baby.






You were and are a wonderful addition to our family. I love your kind heartedness to those around you, your manners, your enthusiasm and your expressiveness.I love the way you interact with your sister. I love your smile and ability to light up a room. I love your laugh that makes me laugh! I love your eagerness to learn. I love the way you pray each night with your Daddy before you fall asleep. I even love your persistance to get what you want. All of these qualities and characteristics make you a wonderful boy! I have cherised these years with you as a baby and a toddler. You would tell me now that you are a "big boy" so I guess you are if you are able to tell me that! I will continue to cherish these times with you now that you are a "big boy!" I guess it's true that 3 year olds do have a mind of their own.


You have made me a better person Jackson, Thank You! I truly love you with all my heart! Thank you for being wonderful, amazing YOU! Happy 3rd Birthday!


Love,


Mommy
























2 comments:

LDraper said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!!! We love you so much!

Sean (the other one), Lindsey, Reagan and Ian

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big he is already! I used to like to take naps with him on your couch...looks like those days are over, he can hardly sit still long enough to give me a hug now :) Happy Birthday, Jackson! Love, Auntie Katie