Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another First

No, this isn't another throw up all over yourself story. This is about Jackson's first bloody nose and almost front teeth knock out! I can't handle my kids injuries. I woke up a few times last night just worried about him! This is probably totally normal and I now have a lifetime of worrying. Jackson has had stitches, 2 staples and now this-I think this is the worst yet because I have to wait a couple days to take him to the dentist and get some answers.

Jackson tripped on a bag of all things and fell flat on his face/nose/mouth. His nose started bleeding immediately, which wouldn't have been that bad if that was all. After we got his nose to stop bleeding and cleaned him up we checked his mouth. Sure enough there was blood on his front tooth. That is when I panicked. Of course a million thoughts ran through my mind of what could be wrong with or happen to his front tooth. So I called the Woodcreek Pediatrics phone nurse (this is Friday night about 5:30) she tells me they can't do anything for tooth injuries-makes sense I guess and says if the bleeding doesn't stop to take him to the ER since all dentists are closed and that is who we really need to see. The bleeding stopped soon after and I thought Jackson was in the clear. Well this morning he has a pretty bad bruise on his gum right above the same tooth. I'm freaked out all over again! I called a pediatric dentist office and the voice mail gave me the dentist's cell phone number for emergencies. I called, of course! He told me he wants to see him. I have to set up an appointment Monday and they will fit him in.


Please keep Jackson in your prayers! Poor little guy.
This has been a rough week for him!

1 comment:

Nasinec Family said...

Poor baby! I will pray for him. Hopefully everything will be o.k. with his teeth and if not, they are babyteeth thankfully!

Gina