Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Painting Project

So I gave painting a shot. I started out with a mirror.


I covered the entire mirror with newspaper.



I sanded all the edges first with a small hand sander. If I were to do it again, I would have sanded some of the areas completely by hand.


I then brushed on primer. I think spray primer would have been easier and quicker.



The primer dried quickly so I was able to start painting right away. I chose to paint the mirror white. I started off by painting it on with a foam brush. I didn't want to see any brush strokes, but realized that the foam brush was still leaving some, so I finished the last coat with spray paint. I liked it completely white, but I knew the edges of the mirror would look better distressed, so I began sanding again. After I was finished sanding, I went back and added walnut stain to all the bare wood edges.


Here is the finished product hanging on the wall.



For my first painting project I'm pretty happy with it. I will continue to try and experiment as I go though!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: