Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jackson Reading

Since my kids have been waking up at 7:00 every morning I am not always ready for the day before them. Well I have had to get creative with what Ellee is going to do during that time. She likes to crawl into the bathroom and get me off task. I spend more time in the morning trying to redirect her and find things for her to do instead of finishing getting myself ready. Well I decided to recruit Jackson into helping keep Ellee busy, so I handed him a pile of books to read to her. He picked Guess How Much I Love You, sat down right next to her, opened the book and started reading. I have never really heard him read a book in his words, it was really cute. It started off like this...."Once upon a time there was a rabbit." (Turn the page) "Rabbit." (Turn the page) "Rabbit." (Turn the page) "Rabbit." (Turn the page) "Rabbit." (Turn the page) "The End." I guess there wasn't much to read in that book. Luckily he picked up the next book and it started with, "Once upon a time...." Ellee was, as a matter of fact, interested. Thank you Jackson! The next morning I had him read to her again. He picked "Guess How Much I Love You." I bet you can guess how the story went!

1 comment: