Friday, April 22, 2011

Picture Board for Baby Landon

This is the second picture board thing that I made with much of Shawn's help this time. He drilled the holes to screw in the bottom pieces and the finial. I glued on the L, primed, painted, sanded and even added some distress ink (love this stuff) to the edges. I think it turned out pretty cute. Obviously the pictures can easily be traded out.



First, I purchased a 2x8x8 board from Lowes and had Shawn cut down a couple boards to 11". I also bought the finials at Lowes...this is the ONLY place I have seen them. (They come in a 2 pack with screws on the end.) I found the L at Michaels, but pretty much any craft store has things like that. Anything can be added to the front of the board or nothing at all. I used e6000 glue to adhere the L and the clip for the picture. Some of the blogs I have been reading strongly recommend this stuff, so I gave it a shot...pretty powerful stuff. I waited the full 24 hours for it to dry before I did anything else. For the base, Shawn cut down an old wooden candle stick that was attached to the base already and attached it with a screw.






















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Riccobenes... said...

ok I am dying!!! those are soooo cute!!! I want to make some!! amazing job girl!!!

Riccobenes... said...

lucky receivers of those!!!