Friday, January 28, 2011

Lightning Basketball

We signed Jackson up for his 1st year of Basketball!

Little background:
When I first approached Jackson about playing basketball he was completely against it. To tell you the truth, it kind of bugged me. I didn't push the issue and let it go for a few days. Later I decided to talk to him about it again and asked him if he liked basketball. His response, "not really." What?!? So far, Jackson has been such a happy, go lucky kid that I haven't had to talk into things. I decided to investigate a little further....Me: "Why don't you like basketball?" Jackson: "We play it in PE at school and my partner kept passing the ball to hit me in the privates." Me: "Oh no. Did you know that's not how you play real basketball?" Jackson: "No." Me: "Real basketball players don't do that. Do you want to be on a team with some of your friends that don't play that way?" Jackson: "ok."
That simple.....
Really!


The team has a couple good, experienced, patient coaches!

Jackson had a blast at his first game. He even took a shot that circled around the rim and out, but I was still super proud! On offense he liked to dribble a little and then pass. On defense he had his arms up the entire time. He said defense was his favorite.

I'm so proud of my little guy for trying new things that may have scared, intimidated or confused him prior.

Go Lightning!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Riccobenes... said...

HILARIOUS story!!! Great job investigating further!! That reason was so funny! Of course- why would you want to play a sport where the goal is to hit each other in the privates??!!! lol! Dom's team name is Golden Knights-I hate their jersey color and I think I wished it upon myself, bc before they started I said- I hope they don't get that golden yellow color-it is terrible in pictures!..of course they did!!

Nasinec Family said...

Sat. mornings are so fun! The kids are so damn cute!